On this page I will recommend some typical restaurants in the area where personally I have been and that I feel to advise you; Almost all are characterized by a typical cuisine of Abruzzo and a good value for money. In Abruzzo You can eat well and discover the true flavors of tradition, a tradition that is based on some milestones:
- Appetizer of sliced meats and cheeses, rigorously produced with artisan methods and thanks to the availability of raw materials in the area
- Homemade pasta with mushrooms or truffles; The mushrooms and the truffle are two delicacies of which our territory is rich
- Mixed roast, also of game and the Arrosticini, typical small skewer of sheepmeat, strong and unmistakable taste
- Traditional sweets such as the donuts with wine Montepulciano
- The most powerful existing digestive, gentian liquor, ancient remedy for stomach ache, appetite, and lunches a little too heavy
- Royal Restaurant, chef Niko Romito, 3 Michelin stars (attention, Medium menu 170 euro)
Arguably the best restaurant in Abruzzo and top 50 in the world! Niko Romito in his restaurant in Castel di Sangro enhances his qualities in a unique location and especially with a unique culinary proposal.
- Agriturismo le Conicelle (barrea) (Average menu approx. 20 euro)
Farmhouse on the road linking Barrea to Alfedena. Typical cuisine and abundant portions with very modest prices is the proposal of this farmhouse. Hidden in the greenery, it is ideal for a relaxing getaway and for those who want to discover the flavors of Abruzzo. Exceptional are the Gnocchetti with the Orapi (wild spinacio typical of the area) and the roast mixed. Abundant the typical appetizer.
- La Poiana (Barrea) (average menu about 30 euros)
La Poiana overlooks the panorama of the lake and is a charming restaurant very elegant and romantic. The typical cuisine is revisited with curiosity by the chef Antonio, owner with his sister Michela. The restaurant is equipped with outdoor terrace and space, ideal for children.
- For the Alleys (Barrea) (Average menu about 20 euros)
The restaurant is immersed in the historic center of Barrea, while its cuisine is characterized by the restaurant but also pizzeria. Good pizza and the rest of the proposal reflects the typical dishes. It is located right between the alleys of the beautiful old town of Barrea, reachable only on foot.
- Il Ghiottone (Castel di Sangro) (average menu about 15 euro)
Probably the best pizzeria in the Abruzzo National Park. The pizza with Neapolitan dough is very large and well seasoned and the staff very friendly. Especially appreciated by the tourists Campani because the most similar to the original. The place is small it is worth booking.
- Red and Black Pub (Roccaraso)
Pub complete with kitchen in the heart of Roccaraso, is an ideal refuge for those who are hungry at all times. It will probably not be a stellar cuisine but it allows you to eat at all hours surrounded by a festive atmosphere, often seasoned with music and live dances.
- Desiree Pastry (Alfedena)
Historical pastry, inside you can find everything you would expect from a pastry shop and also booking cakes on commission. Ideal for organizing a party during your stay in the Abruzzo National Park. The complete list would be impossible to draw but once you have chosen my home for a stay in the Abruzzo National Park I will be happy to help you for any culinary request and not. And if the cuisine of Abruzzo was too heavy (:)) I refer you to the page with the excursions that can be done in the surroundings of Barrea.